Don’t let rumors of a Thanksgiving turkey shortage scare you. There are plenty of turkeys to go around.
The real questions are: What type of turkey will you make and what will you pair with it?
Of course wine comes to mind, but don’t rule out pairing beer with your turkey or tofurky. Because trust me – no Thanksgiving is complete without beer.
Why should you only drink your favorite brew until you’re in front of the TV watching football?
Here are five craft beers that will match the well-deserved flavor of your Thanksgiving meal:
- Traditional Roasted Turkey: You can’t go wrong with a traditional turkey. Drink it with a well-balanced beer like Saint Arnold Amber Ale, the light fruitiness of the ale will pairs well with a fruity stuffing.
- Smoked Turkey: The nutty flavor of real Louisiana roasted pecans and caramel malt in the Abita Pecan Harvest Ale will pair nicely with any smoked bird.
- Deep Fried Turkey: Feeling adventurous? No need to be cautious while sipping on New Belgium’s Ranger IPA. The bitter dry hoppy finish and aroma is perfect for crispy turkeys.
- Tofurky Roast: Samuel Adams OctoberFest’s deep, smooth flavor with notes of caramel and pairs well for the occasion and the roast
- Turducken: Get your stretch pants ready. If you’re feeling creative this Thanksgiving why not try a turducken? It’s a unique twist on your traditional bird consisting of deboned chicken stuffed into a deboned duck, which is then stuffed into a deboned turkey. Whew. Pair it with Sorachi Ace by Brooklyn Brewery. The spicy lemon flavor in this saison pairs tastily with the turducken.
Bonus: Thanksgiving wouldn’t be complete without pumpkin pie! Cap the food day with a winter warmer like Indeed Brewing’s Stir Crazy Winter Ale. This ale is brewed with cocao nibs, vanilla, raisins and brown sugar, which are sure to keep you warm and full.
Now all you have to do is make dinner.